is one of the Jôdo Buddhism most famous temple. It was built in
1651 by Tokugawa Mitsumoto, the then-lord of the Owari clan, for his
father and the clan´s founder Tokugawa Yoshinao. The temple
became the burial site for successive generations of the Tokugawas of
Owari. In 1787 the temple was rebuilt, except the main gate sanmon, which is still in
its original shape.
D 215 147