J 266 449
Yoshida-jô (formerly Imahashi-jô) in Toyohashi was built by Makino
Kôhaku in 1505. Ikeda Terumasa, one of the feudal lords, was
transfered to the castle in 1590. He began to build a splendid fortress
worthy of his high income. But Ikeda was transfered to
another castle about ten years later, leaving this project uncompleted.
Afterwards, this area enjoyed a long peaceful period and a castle
became unneccessary - Yoshida-jô
uncompleted. Nowadays, there are mossy stone walls and one remaining
turret where the historical building stood.